Friday, March 6, 2009

Veggie goodness, Lent and White Bean Alfredo

See my beautiful bounty? Our new vegetable is bok choy. I've been pretty much using it in stir fry but I did make some potatoes the other day and put in some bok choy with other veggies and 1 tbsp of hot curry. It was really good.












For Lent I am giving up biting my nails. A trivial thing for most people but for it's one of the hardest things ever. I have been a chronic nail biter since I was 5. I think only 4 times in my life I stopped enough to have nails but it never lasts long. The longest I've ever had nails is a year and a half. This is a pic of my nails one week after Lent started. Most people when they stop biting nails start at this point. Look closely. Imagine the nails shorter and the meat around the nails chewed to oblivion. Yeah........



For dinner last night I got an idea from
VegCookingBlog on the PETA site. Amy offered up a dish of "Alfredo Sauce" with pasta. It looked so good I had to go try it. I miss alfredo very much. Its made of white beans with garlic, vegan margarine, salt and pepper. I added some Italian Seasoning to it, a dash of chilli pepper and some onion.
Everyone loved this sauce!!!! They raved about it all through dinner. It tastes absolutely delicious and its good for you too. I cooked up a little bit of vegetable to add to the pasta to get those extra veggies in.
Next time I will have to double the recipe.


If anyone can tell me how to do a link on blogger it would be much appreciated. Apparently the a href thing does not work on here.

No comments: