Friday, March 27, 2009

Nails and California

I took a picture of my nails last week but it didn't come out good. Here is my hand this week. As you can see I stumbled with my goal of not biting. My middle finger had a deep split in it so I bit it off to even it out ( a horrible excuse I know ) and my index finger was right next to it so I just had to bite it too. :(


Here is some scenery from my friends backyard out in Placentia, CA.


Birds of Paradise and two bushy looking palm trees


My first day there we went hiking in the mountains. I wish I could remember the name of the mountain. The scenery was absolutely beautiful. I really missed seeing the mountains. I lived for a small spell in Colorado and had the priviledge of seeing Pikes Peak everyday. The mountains here brought it all back.


Here is a view of the mountains on the trail.


A pretty vine that grew onto the trail.



The view at sunset.




I think one of the places that I liked most was Santa Monica. It had a view of the mountains and it has the ocean. Here is what you see when you enter the pier.




We also went to The Huntington, a botonical garden in San Marino. One of my favourites are wisteria




I thought these cacti were quite interesting and somewhat alien looking...






I have to give a hug to every oversized character that I see and this shrimp was no exception. Here I am at Universal Studios giving a hug to the Bubba Gump shrimp.




My friend took me to this awesome crepe place that sells these drinks called boba. I had never heard of them before but it looked interesting. I did some research and found out that the little balls that are in your drink are huge tapioca pearls. The point of the drink for those of you who don't know what boba is, you suck up the pearls with the drink in a huge straw. The tapioca has little flavour so it soaks up the flavour of the juice you have it in. Drinking this with a straw forces you to drink up the tapioca. It's really wierd and really fun to drink.
Traditional boba is made with tea that is sweetened and has milk in it. Mine had blueberry juice. You can kinda see the tapioca in the cup.




I never had a desire to go to California before and everyone told me I would love it there. After having gone there I have to agree. It's quite beautiful and the weather is nice too. I wouldn't live there but I do plan to make another trip out there.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Cacti area aliens. They arrived on earth from the planet Ucacticus.

;)