Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Caribbean Cruising Part 2 Isla Roatan

Today we visit Isla Roatan. It's an island off of the coast of Honduras.





The tourism trade here is fairly new so they only have a small area for tourists.
There is some bartering here on the island outside of the touristy port area but its very
easy to barter. They practically drop the prices for you just so you will buy something.

Roatan has two shipwrecked ships here. One from the 1960's and one from 1980's.



This one was from the 60's.





This one was from the 80's.

The first shop we walked into off of the pier welcomed us with HUGE bottles
of booze!!!!



YUMMMMM!!!!!




Liquor is cheap here. Most of those huge bottles didn't even hit $100.



I had more pictures to share of Roatan but the uploader for blogger is not letting me
put up anymore pics today. I will have to try later.
When we came back from our day trip we were welcomed with towel animals. We found out that we had to hide the previous animals for them to make new ones.



Another half eaten meal. Sorry :(
I practically ate this everyday since there really wasnt much else for lunch
on the ship. Veggie burgers, fries, salsa/chips, and salads.



When I can get more pics up I can show you what most of my dinners looked like.

No comments: